Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by zhu jiang <yk...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/20 15:48:38 UTC

Problem about UserPref

Hi all,
    I tested my gadget in the demo container of shindig. I found that when I
clicked on "setting" of the gadget, the user preference didn't be shown.
What should I do?

My gadget xml file is like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Module>
  <ModulePrefs title="hello world example" height="300" />
  <UserPref name="test" display_name="test" required="true"/>

  <Content type="html"><![CDATA[
    Hello, world!
    ]]></Content>
</Module>

Jiang

Re: Problem about UserPref

Posted by zhu jiang <yk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
   I did add all the feature i need but it's still the same. I also tried
the setpref feature which could only be used to save preferences
programmingly. I wonder how to let user see the UserPrefs when he clicking
"setting" of the gadget.

Jiang

Re: Problem about UserPref

Posted by Chewy Trewhella <ch...@google.com>.
Hey Jiang,

Re: Problem about UserPref

Posted by zhu jiang <yk...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Chewy,
   Thanks for your reply. I am sure the UserPref still could be used in the
new gadget API and the shindig demo container supports this feature. I tried
another gadget in shindig demo container, it did work well when clicking on
"setting". I am so confused.

2008/8/20, Chewy Trewhella <ch...@google.com>:

> Hi Jiang,
> It sounds like you've got a bit mixed up here (unless I've got mixed up, in
> which case I apologise).
>
> UserPrefs are used by iGoogle in the legacy gadgets API (
> http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/legacy/fundamentals.html#SetPrefs
> )<
> http://code.google.com/apis/gadgets/docs/legacy/fundamentals.html#SetPrefs
> >
> .
> For storing prefs that way, you'd need, as a minimum, to include this:
>
>    <Require feature="setprefs" />
>

> In the moduleprefs section.
>
> For the opensocial gadgets, you'd need a
>
> <Require feature="opensocial-0.7"/>
>

> and then to call the newDataRequest functions.
> There's more here.
> http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.7/devguide.html#Persistent
>

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:48 PM, zhu jiang <yk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >    I tested my gadget in the demo container of shindig. I found that when
> > clicked on "setting" of the gadget, the user preference didn't be shown.
> > What should I do?
> >
> > My gadget xml file is like this:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <Module>
> >  <ModulePrefs title="hello world example" height="300" />
> >  <UserPref name="test" display_name="test" required="true"/>
> >
> >  <Content type="html"><![CDATA[
> >    Hello, world!
> >    ]]></Content>
> > </Module>