Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Alex Luo <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/04 21:00:15 UTC

How to choose a camel component for Http Endpoint Producer and / or Consumer

Hi Dear,

I am writing a Camel application which is using Camel component to expose
Http endpoint (Http Consumer), and connect to third party Web Server (Http
Producer).

1)  From my readings I have this list of Camel components I can use as Http
Consumer. They all offer the same functionalities in general. What are the
difference of using each one of them. And which one is performing better in
terms of TPS and concurrency?

Camel-Jetty,  Camel-Netty-htttp,  Camel-Servlet, Camel-undertow.

2)  The following camel component list can be used as Http Producer, Which
one have better performance?

Camel-Http,  Camel-Http4,  Camel-Jetty,  Camel-Netty-htttp,
Camel-undertow.

Thanks so much for advise.

--
Sincerely,

Alex Luo

Re: How to choose a camel component for Http Endpoint Producer and / or Consumer

Posted by Alex Luo <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks JB. I got it.

Alex

--
Sincerely,

Alex

Re: How to choose a camel component for Http Endpoint Producer and / or Consumer

Posted by Alex Luo <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus. I got it.

Alex

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 1:46 AM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 7:40 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > It depends of the features you need and the dependencies.
> >
> > For instance, Camel Jetty is "large" but provide a good set of features
> (it’s used internally in some other components like the salesforce one).
> >

> Do not use jetty - it has a decent server (camel consumer) part and
> has many features, and has been around for a long time.
> It tend to break its apis from time to time, so upgrade can sometimes
> be a little pain. Its http client is deprecated in camel 2.x and
> removed in 3.0.
>
> The http producer which you ask for (http clients), then http4 (assume
> you are on camel 2.x) is a good all round choice. The netty-http is
> based on netty and therefore high performance. In camel 3 there are
> also http clients based on vertx which has very high performance.
>

> > Regards
> > JB
> >
> > > Le 4 déc. 2020 à 22:00, Alex Luo <ka...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> > >
> > > Hi Dear,
> > >
> > > I am writing a Camel application which is using Camel component to
> expose
> > > Http endpoint (Http Consumer), and connect to third party Web Server
> (Http
> > > Producer).
> > >
> > > 1)  From my readings I have this list of Camel components I can use as
> Http
> > > Consumer. They all offer the same functionalities in general. What are
> the
> > > difference of using each one of them. And which one is performing
> better in
> > > terms of TPS and concurrency?
> > >
> > > Camel-Jetty,  Camel-Netty-htttp,  Camel-Servlet, Camel-undertow.
> > >
> > > 2)  The following camel component list can be used as Http Producer,
> Which
> > > one have better performance?
> > >
> > > Camel-Http,  Camel-Http4,  Camel-Jetty,  Camel-Netty-htttp,
> > > Camel-undertow.
> > >
> > > Thanks so much for advise.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sincerely,
> > >
> > > Alex Luo
> >

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Sincerely,

Alex

Re: How to choose a camel component for Http Endpoint Producer and / or Consumer

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.