Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mers <em...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/18 14:13:41 UTC

Accessing failover://'s keep alive.

Hi,

I'm working on code that will use the failover:// transport in ActiveMQ 4.1
to send messages to a remote queue. In the event that all reconnects fail
(e.g. network problems), I catch the thrown JMSException in my code and
persist messages locally. When one or more brokers come back up, I transmit
the persisted messages.

In order to do this, I need to know when the brokers are back up using some
sort of keep alive mechanism. The failover:// transport uses a keep alive
mechanism to allow blocked MessageProducers to complete their sends once the
Connection they are sending on is reestablished. My question is whether my
code can access the keep alive mechanism built into the failover://
transport or whether I have to implement my own mechanism altogether.

Thanks,
Emerson