Posted to dev@baremaps.apache.org by Josh Fischer <jo...@joshfischer.io> on 2022/12/01 14:26:19 UTC

Re: Podling Baremaps Report Reminder - December 2022

Thank you for the kind words.  And thank you for adding some details to the
report.  I doubt we will be able to get a release out before this report
needs to be submitted.

* First we should check with the mailing list to see if anyone has any
issues with creating a release candidate (RC).
* Then we should do a check ourselves before creating the RC to make sure
we are in compliance with how Apache expects us to release [1]
* Once we do create the RC, we need to start a vote on our dev@baremaps.a.o
and get 3 binding votes, a vote will last at least 72 hours. [2]
* If we pass on dev@baremaps then we need to bring the vote to general@a.o,
which will need to last another 72 hours, at least.
* Since we are a podling we have a few additional constraints [3]

And there are many details I'm leaving out, because I can't think of them
all right now.

Open source moves at the pace of open source :-).

1. https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
2. https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html
3.
https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#podling_constraints