Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Marcos Camões Bourgeaiseau <mm...@rio.rj.gov.br> on 2005/07/20 00:43:46 UTC

Can´t get Apache::ASP to work

I have a apache-perl 1.3.33 running in a Debian 3.0 R2
I installed the apache via apt-get install, and did the same for the
libapache-mod-perl 1.29.0.3-6 and libapache-asp-perl 2.57-3.
Unfortunatly, when I try to see a page that contains any ASP code, only
the HTML part of page is shown. Whan I click in any Submit botton I get
the error below.

Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /formfill.asp.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at gbpmail Port 80

I tried also, to reinstall my system, and follow the instalations
intructions using the CPAN as it is in apache-asp home-page, but when it
came to the part "install Apache::ASP" it sais that the make command
went succesefully, but that the test had a problem and that installation
was impossible!

Do anyone knows what is happening? Anybody has a better how-to to
install an apache that servers ASP pages?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Can´t get Apache::ASP to work

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Marcos Camões Bourgeaiseau wrote:
> I have a apache-perl 1.3.33 running in a Debian 3.0 R2
> I installed the apache via apt-get install, and did the same for the
> libapache-mod-perl 1.29.0.3-6 and libapache-asp-perl 2.57-3.
> Unfortunatly, when I try to see a page that contains any ASP code, only
> the HTML part of page is shown. Whan I click in any Submit botton I get
> the error below.
>

> Method Not Allowed
> The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /formfill.asp.

Looks like this is an apache configuration issue.

> Apache/1.3.33 Server at gbpmail Port 80
>

> I tried also, to reinstall my system, and follow the instalations
> intructions using the CPAN as it is in apache-asp home-page, but when it
> came to the part "install Apache::ASP" it sais that the make command
> went succesefully, but that the test had a problem and that installation
> was impossible!

If you run into a problem with CPAN installation, you can do:

  cpan> force install Apache::ASP

Regards,

Josh