Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/08 16:42:56 UTC

Web-App (Angular 6): Choice of Design Framework - Angular Material vs bootswatch and ng-bootstrap)

 Hello everyone,

After some discussion, Anwesh and I have a come up with the following
points regarding the decision to use Angular Material or bootswatch and
ng-bootstrap for the new MifosX Web App (Angular 6):

1) ng-bootstrap is a wrapper over bootstrap.js which contains a set of
Angular Directives that can be implemented without any dependencies on
jQuery or popper.js  https://ng-bootstrap.github.io/#/home
2) Bootswatch provides a collection of themes(21 + 1 default) for
Bootstrap  https://github.com/thomaspark/bootswatch/
3) Bootswatch provides with an API which can be integrated with the
platform for theme configuration easily and provide the organizations with
a choice from these 21 themes  https://bootswatch.com/api/4.json
4) We are currently using the bootswatch material theme to compete and
provide with a similar kind of look as by angular-material
5) New themes if required can be configured easily using bootstrap, as a
simple example I have created a demonstration here:
https://abhaychawla.github.io/angular-theme/
6) We can also provide instructions so that the organizations will be able
to clone the project, create their own custom theme, build the app and use
that theme.
7) Overall, ng-bootstrap and bootswatch built on top of bootstrap are easy
to implement and could be modified and used to suit our needs

8) On the other hand, angular-material provides with 4 inbuilt material
themes to chose from  https://material.angular.io/
9) More custom themes can be configured according to organizations needs
using angular-material as well but it will be a bit more complex
10) Overall, angular-material will be more time consuming and a little
difficult to implement

We would like to share this with the community and get their opinion
regarding our choice of design framework so that we can finalize the same
as soon as possible in the initial stage of the project.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks
Abhay.

Re: [Mifos-developer] Web-App (Angular 6): Choice of DesignFramework- Angular Material vs bootswatch and ng-bootstrap)

Posted by Sendoro Juma <se...@singo.africa>.
Dear Jubha,

As for

- When transfering a client from one office to another, an option to choose a transfer date will be good also

https://github.com/openMF/community-app/issues/2968

Can you check the other two if there is no opened issue... so that you can open?

Regards
Sendoro

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by jubha mayala <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Santosh!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [Mifos-developer] Web-App (Angular 6): Choice of DesignFramework- Angular Material vs bootswatch and ng-bootstrap)

Posted by Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Jubha,

RE: [Mifos-developer] Web-App (Angular 6): Choice of DesignFramework- Angular Material vs bootswatch and ng-bootstrap)

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Sifiso, Jubha,

Posted by jubha mayala <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi all!

Re: Web-App (Angular 6): Choice of Design Framework - Angular Material vs bootswatch and ng-bootstrap)

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I'll be there.

Abhay

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello Abhay And Anwesh,

wrote:

> Thank you Gaurav, Please let us know the time soon and we will be there.
>
> Also, please have a look at the latest changes regarding self-service user
> management as well. I have deployed them to gh-pages. The routes are:
> 1)    /self-service/users
> 1)    /self-service/users/create
> 1)    /self-service/users/view
>
> Thanks
> Abhay
>
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:23 AM Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> As suggested by Abhay lets get on a call. I will fo my best to schedule
>> it in weekend itself.
>>
>> Also, i saw the doc with screenshots there are really basic UI/UX
>> mistakes done in new designs ideas shared that is the main reason to use
>> angular material as you will stick to exact component designs.
>>
>> Let's have a call and discuss about all these in weekend itself.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Gaurav
>>
>> On Fri 15 Jun, 2018, 21:42 Anwesh Krishna Nayak, <an...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have attached below the doc containing redesigning of all UI and links
>>> respectively
>>>
>>> Link :
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H9w7QWenox9M0nb29WR4RmvV94Jsjj0LglUZ3wCzbw8/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --

*Gaurav Saini*

Re: Web-App (Angular 6): Choice of Design Framework - Angular Material vs bootswatch and ng-bootstrap)

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ed,

We have deployed all the new changes to https://openmf.github.io/web-app/
Also, I'll deploy these themes as well in some time.

Thanks
Abhay.

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Abhay/Anwesh,

?

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Abhay,

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ed and Gaurav,

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Abhay,

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hello Everyone,

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello Everyone,

On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 6:20 PM Anwesh Krishna Nayak <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There was some error we faced so that material UI was not consistent
> yesterday. Its back up again.
> Please recheck https://openmf.github.io/web-app/
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H9w7QWenox9M0nb29WR4RmvV94Jsjj0LglUZ3wCzbw8/edit?usp=sharing
> Feel free to provide feedback in the doc.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sat, Jun 16, 2018 at 2:24 AM, Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> As suggested by Abhay lets get on a call. I will fo my best to schedule
>> it in weekend itself.
>>
>> Also, i saw the doc with screenshots there are really basic UI/UX
>> mistakes done in new designs ideas shared that is the main reason to use
>> angular material as you will stick to exact component designs.
>>
>> Let's have a call and discuss about all these in weekend itself.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Gaurav
>>
>> On Fri 15 Jun, 2018, 21:42 Anwesh Krishna Nayak, <an...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I have attached below the doc containing redesigning of all UI and links
>>> respectively
>>>
>>> Link :
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H9w7QWenox9M0nb29WR4RmvV94Jsjj0LglUZ3wCzbw8/edit?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --

*Gaurav Saini*

Re: Web-App (Angular 6): Choice of Design Framework - Angular Material vs bootswatch and ng-bootstrap)

Posted by Anwesh Krishna Nayak <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhay Chawla <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone,

Could we have a conversation on call to finalize the design framework? It
would be great as we'll have more clarity on the mentioned points. As soon
as it is possible and feasible for everyone, anytime today or over the
weekend would be great as it will give us some time to explore and work at
a better pace.

Thanks
Abhay

Posted by Anwesh Krishna Nayak <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

Posted by Gaurav Saini <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello Anwesh,

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 11:41 PM Anwesh Krishna Nayak <an...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>>> able to clone the project, create their own custom theme, build the app and
>>> use that theme.
>>> 7) Overall, ng-bootstrap and bootswatch built on top of bootstrap are
>>> easy to implement and could be modified and used to suit our needs
>>>
>>> 8) On the other hand, angular-material provides with 4 inbuilt material
>>> themes to chose from  https://material.angular.io/
>>> 9) More custom themes can be configured according to organizations needs
>>> using angular-material as well but it will be a bit more complex
>>> 10) Overall, angular-material will be more time consuming and a little
>>> difficult to implement
>>>
>>> We would like to share this with the community and get their opinion
>>> regarding our choice of design framework so that we can finalize the same
>>> as soon as possible in the initial stage of the project.

*Gaurav Saini*

Re: Web-App (Angular 6): Choice of Design Framework - Angular Material vs bootswatch and ng-bootstrap)

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Hi all,

Pranjal,

Would you be able to join the GSOC check-in today to participate in the
discussion regarding the design framework. Mohit and Gaurav were going to
try to participate as well.

Ed

Posted by Anwesh Krishna Nayak <an...@gmail.com>.
Raunak,

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Emmanuel,

Please start a new message thread if you have a different support query.
You can do so my creating a new email with a relevant subject line and
sending it to the respective mailing list.

We need to keep each discussion thread relevant and on-topic. Thank you for
using the mailing lists though!

Cheers,

Ed

Posted by Emmanuel Njoku <ei...@gmail.com>.
[...]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Posted by Raunak Sett <se...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> After some discussion, Anwesh and I have a come up with the following
> points regarding the decision to use Angular Material or bootswatch and
> ng-bootstrap for the new MifosX Web App (Angular 6):
>
> 1) ng-bootstrap is a wrapper over bootstrap.js which contains a set of
> Angular Directives that can be implemented without any dependencies on
> jQuery or popper.js  https://ng-bootstrap.github.io/#/home
> 2) Bootswatch provides a collection of themes(21 + 1 default) for
> Bootstrap  https://github.com/thomaspark/bootswatch/
> 3) Bootswatch provides with an API which can be integrated with the
> platform for theme configuration easily and provide the organizations with
> a choice from these 21 themes  https://bootswatch.com/api/4.json
> 4) We are currently using the bootswatch material theme to compete and
> provide with a similar kind of look as by angular-material
> 5) New themes if required can be configured easily using bootstrap, as a
> simple example I have created a demonstration here:
> https://abhaychawla.github.io/angular-theme/
> 6) We can also provide instructions so that the organizations will be able
> to clone the project, create their own custom theme, build the app and use
> that theme.
> 7) Overall, ng-bootstrap and bootswatch built on top of bootstrap are easy
> to implement and could be modified and used to suit our needs
>
> 8) On the other hand, angular-material provides with 4 inbuilt material
> themes to chose from  https://material.angular.io/
> 9) More custom themes can be configured according to organizations needs
> using angular-material as well but it will be a bit more complex
> 10) Overall, angular-material will be more time consuming and a little
> difficult to implement
>
> We would like to share this with the community and get their opinion
> regarding our choice of design framework so that we can finalize the same
> as soon as possible in the initial stage of the project.
>
> Looking forward to your responses.
>
> Thanks
> Abhay.

Raunak Sett