Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Sandeep Heer <sa...@hitachi-eu.com> on 2001/12/12 11:12:42 UTC

Settings different for rpcrouter and messagerouter?

Hi

I am having problems getting my SOAP application to work. When i used
RPC i.e. calling a specific method on my webservice using Call and all
that stuff it worked fine.

I have now written a simple SOAP message system that does not seem to
work.  I get the error message below. I take it since i am sending
messages (using envelopes etc.) i am to call messagerouter and not
rpcrouter.  Do i need to change any settings etc apart from the URL i
point to in my client?  Is my web service deployed the same way using
the admin screen as it was when i used RPC?

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<SOAP-ENV:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>Exception while handling service request:
org/apache/soap/Envelope</faultstring>

<faultactor>/soap/servlet/messagerouter</faultactor>

</SOAP-ENV:Fault>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>

</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

 E-mail Confidentiality Notice and Disclaimer

  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited.
  E-mail messages are not necessarily secure.  Hitachi does not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent.
  Please note that Hitachi checks outgoing e-mail messages for the presence of computer viruses.

Re: Comparision of different toolkits

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@netgami.com>.
I would check out the AXIS toolkit.  It is being made to be as easy to use
as GLUE.

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@netgami.com>.

Posted by Chris Malley <cm...@pixelzoom.com>.

Posted by Chris Malley <cm...@pixelzoom.com>.

Posted by jy...@india.softalia.com.

Re: Settings different for rpcrouter and messagerouter?

Posted by Chris Malley <cm...@pixelzoom.com>.
Sandeep Heer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am having problems getting my SOAP application to work. When i used
> RPC i.e. calling a specific method on my webservice using Call and all
> that stuff it worked fine.
>
> I have now written a simple SOAP message system that does not seem to
> work.  I get the error message below. I take it since i am sending
> messages (using envelopes etc.) i am to call messagerouter and not
> rpcrouter.  Do i need to change any settings etc apart from the URL i
> point to in my client?  Is my web service deployed the same way using
> the admin screen as it was when i used RPC?
>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
>
> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>
> <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
>
> <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
>
> <faultstring>Exception while handling service request:
> org/apache/soap/Envelope</faultstring>
>
> <faultactor>/soap/servlet/messagerouter</faultactor>
>
> </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
>
> </SOAP-ENV:Body>
>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

This looks like the same brain-damaged problem I had with
message-style services when moving from Tomcat 3.2.3 to
Tomcat 4.01.  If you're using Tomcat 4.01, and if you
follow the instructions for installing Apache SOAP 2.2,
then message-style servies will produce strange, seemingly-
unrelated faults, HTTP authentication won't work, etc.

The problem is apparently caused by having the SOAP
classes in two places:
$CATALINA_HOME/lib/soap.jar, and
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes.

I "fixed" this by removing
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/soap/WEB-INF/classes/org

For more detals, search for "Tomcat 4.01 classloader"
in the tomcat-user mailing list archives.  There are
a couple of posts there from me, along with various
replies that suggest how to fix it and

-Chris

--
Chris Malley
PixelZoom, Inc.             Voice: +1.303.494.8849

Re: Settings different for rpcrouter and messagerouter?

Posted by Chris Malley <cm...@pixelzoom.com>.