Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by venkat reddy <ve...@Gandiva.com> on 2001/08/01 17:20:19 UTC

RE: Session Tracking question.

Hi,
	How can we restrict the client to use the same 'Call' Object over
and over for invoking different SOAP services that are deployed on a web
server? Is it by resetting the targetObjectURI and the method & parameters
of that 'Call' Object? If this is the case then it is limitation to what
SOAP can do under session scope. This means that the 'Call' Object is tied
to the SOAP Service that is of scope 'session' and not the client itself.
Well any ways this is not my problem child. My problem is something like
this.
	When a User logs in, a Servlet handles the authentication and
creates and EJB Object that is stored in the session object for that user. I
need to access and invoke a business method on this EJB object some time
later when the user decides to save his work to the database. My question is
how do I get the handle to this EJB Object, that is stored in the session
object, from my SAOP Service. Is there any way to access the session object
that was originally created by the servlet during user authentication from a
SOAP Service?

Christian -- Thanks for the reply.

~Venkat