Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> on 2007/02/28 13:13:31 UTC

Re: packaged projects required for 2 dependencies of commons-jelly-tags-soap

Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hello Stefan,
>
> it looks like the intention of the developers of commons-jelly-tags-soap
> was to use two distinct saaj jars and two distinct jaxrpc jars,
> one from axis, and one from geronimo.
>
> The project.xml [1] of commons-jelly-tags-soap suggest that the gump
> build could use the jars from axis twice, once for what they are and
> once to replace the jars of geronimo.
>
> I wonder whether it would not be better to download geronimo and to use
> the real jars of geronimo.
>
> I will give a shot at using twice the same jars, not sure whether it
> will work to get a build, and even less sure that this will mean
> anything. [2]

Looking at the dependencies of jelly,
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jelly/trunk/jelly-tags/soap/project.xml

It looks like it needs any one of
  -Sun JAX-RPC 1.3  (v2.0 is built in to Java 6), and is also built in
to the javaee 5 artifact that is in the java.net m1 repository.
  -Axis 1.2 (should be a later one of that)
  -geronimo 1.1
You have to uncomment the one you want; project.xml, ivy.xml and poms
are yet to come to terms with the whole notion of aggregate/bundled XML
specs floating around things

-they also depend on jaxme for javax.xml.namespace.QName, which is built
in to Java5 and so not needed on Gump.

1. we can drop the jaxme dependency as gump is java1.5+
2. if jelly needs a jaxrpc, it should take the Axis1.x branch version,
unless anyone on axis-dev says otherwise.

remember, these are just the interface files, not the implementation. A
build against JAX-RPC 1.3 is all that they want, and they are not going
to get it if they try and build on java6, no matter how hard they try.

-steve

Re: packaged projects required for 2 dependencies of commons-jelly-tags-soap

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> gump will still need 2 pairs of saaj and jax-rpc jars, unless the project.xml of tags-soap requires only one set of these.

the project.xml in svn is only meant to have one of the three sources
uncommented at compile time. So we need to decide which one of the
apache set to give it, and (presumably) make sure there is something in
the repository for maven to resolve.

Re: packaged projects required for 2 dependencies of commons-jelly-tags-soap

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Steve,

gump will still need 2 pairs of saaj and jax-rpc jars, unless the project.xml of tags-soap requires only one set of these.

I will leave this for now, as I wanted mainly to dispense the jakarta colleagues from nag emails.

Regards,

Antoine
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:13:31 +0000