Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/05/23 19:00:41 UTC

[VOTE][RESULTS] Move forward with 4.1 without a Xen-specific fix for CLOUDSTACK-2492?

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 04:15:14PM -0400, Chip Childers wrote:
> All,
>
> As discussed on another thread [1], we identified a bug
> (CLOUDSTACK-2492) in the current 3.x system VMs, where the System VMs
> are not configured to sync their time with either the host HV or an NTP
> service.  That bug affects the system VMs for all three primary HVs (KVM,
> Xen and vSphere).  Patches have been committed addressing vSphere and
> KVM.  It appears that a correction for Xen would require the re-build of
> a system VM image and a full round of regression testing that image.
>
> Given that the discussion thread has not resulted in a consensus on this
> issue, I unfortunately believe that the only path forward is to call for
> a formal VOTE.
>
> Please respond with one of the following:
>
> +1: proceed with 4.1 without the Xen portion of CLOUDSTACK-2492 being resolved
> +0: don't care one way or the other
> -1: do *not* proceed with any further 4.1 release candidates until CLOUDSTACK-2492 has been fully resolved
>
> -chip
>
> [1] http://markmail.org/message/rw7vciq3r33biasb

Great discussion on this thread.  I've summarized the votes and the
comments below:

+1: 7 votes
Chiradeep, Ahmad, David, Marcus, Sebastien, Chip, Mathias

+0: 0 votes

-0: 1 vote
Joe

-1: 3 votes
John, Francois, Outback

Given the discussion that ensued and the results of the voting, I
will *no longer block the release for this issue*.  I understand
that this is not the favorite resolution for everyone, but do
understand that we are resolving this problem officially for our 4.2.0
release.  Using the experimental system VM images will be an option for
users that want the S3 functionality within 4.1.

-chip

Re: [VOTE][RESULTS] Move forward with 4.1 without a Xen-specific fix for CLOUDSTACK-2492?

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 08:51:56PM +0000, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> +1, we would need to add this bug to "known issues"

Done

RE: [VOTE][RESULTS] Move forward with 4.1 without a Xen-specific fix for CLOUDSTACK-2492?

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.