Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajarathinam PARTHASARTHY <Ra...@gemplus.com> on 2003/05/31 13:46:00 UTC

Tomcat 3.2.2 and SSL

Hi ,

 We are using tomcat 3.2.2.
 Now we want to setup SSL for tomcat3.2.2

 I have created the keys and set the following in the server.xml

========================

<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
    <Parameter name="handler" value="org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler"/>
    <Parameter name="port" value="8443"/>
    <Parameter name="socketFactory" value="org.apache.tomcat.net.SSLSocketFactory" />
    <Parameter name="keystore" value="d:\tomcat3.2.2\conf\keystore\.keystore" />
    <Parameter name="keypass" value="gemplus13"/>
</Connector>

Now I can start the webserver and servers are listening in 8080 and 8443 ports.

But when I give https://localhost:8080, I don't get anything.
The status bar in the Internet Explorer browser shows as "opening page at https://localhost:8080

Please help me to setup the SSL.

Thanks,