Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Fl...@hypovbg.at on 2019/01/17 07:11:56 UTC

SharedDriveConnector - jcifs.smb.SmbException: A device attached to the system is not functioning

Hi,

I've got a problem with the WindowsShares-Connector.
While indexing data on a filesever i get the following exception after
approximately 10000 documents have been indexed.

jcifs.smb.SmbException: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:563) ~
[jcifs.jar:?]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:640) ~
[jcifs.jar:?]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:238) ~[jcifs.jar:?]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:119) ~[jcifs.jar:?]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.send(SmbFile.java:775) ~[jcifs.jar:?]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doFindFirstNext(SmbFile.java:1989) ~
[jcifs.jar:?]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doEnum(SmbFile.java:1741) ~[jcifs.jar:?]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1718) ~[jcifs.jar:?]
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.listFiles(SmbFile.java:1707) ~[jcifs.jar:?]
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.fileListFiles
(SharedDriveConnector.java:2318) [mcf-jcifs-connector.jar:?]

        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.sharedrive.SharedDriveConnector.processDocuments
(SharedDriveConnector.java:798) [mcf-jcifs-connector.jar:?]

        at org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread.run
(WorkerThread.java:399) [mcf-pull-agent.jar:?]
ERROR 2019-01-16T08:48:00,172 (Worker thread '14') - JCIFS: SmbException
tossed processing smb://??.??.??.???/dir/dir/dir

I'm using ManifoldCF 2.11 and jcifs-1.3.19.jar

Do you have an idea what i could do or even a solution for it?

Kind regards,

Florjana
Der Austausch von Nachrichten via e-mail dient ausschließlich
Informationszwecken und ist nur für den Gebrauch des Empfängers bestimmt.
Rechtsgeschäftliche Erklärungen dürfen über dieses Medium nicht
ausgetauscht werden. Sollten Sie nicht der Adressat sein, verständigen Sie
uns bitte unverzüglich per e-mail oder Telefon und vernichten Sie diese
Nachricht.

The exchange of e-mail messages is for purposes of information only and
only intended for the recipient.
This medium may not be used to exchange legal declarations. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact us immediately by e-mail or phone
and delete this message from your system.

Re: SharedDriveConnector - jcifs.smb.SmbException: A device attached to the system is not functioning

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
That error is coming from the server you're trying to index.  Sounds like
some kind of hardware problem is being detected.

Karl