Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com> on 2006/03/07 14:49:47 UTC

Component status pages (was:Re: any donations expected for awt and swing?)

Tim Ellison wrote:
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>
>> Tim Ellison wrote:
>>
>>> Probably best to put the 'concerted work in progress' description on the
>>> wiki, so anyone can join in; the website status page was intended to be
>>> more of a current state of the code overview.  We should also start to
>>> set ourselves some goals, in terms of applications to run, etc.
>>>
>> Why not have "started" on the webpage, and then a like to the wiki page
>> if there is one?
>>
>> Or just encourage people to ask here on the dev list...
>>

> Yes, that would be fine.  If somebody wants to hack the wiki for module
> status pages, I'll volunteer to point to the website to them.

To start with (because it is easier for people to update) I've
replicated Tim's table on the Wiki
(here:http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/component_development_status). I've
linked one component (j.l.mangement) to a seperate page and marked it as
"started". How about other people marking up the areas that they are
working in?

Re: Component status pages

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
2006/3/8, zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>:
> Hey - looks great Nathan! I'll tidy up the JLM one to look similar
>
> Paulex - it looks to me as though you could create a similar page for
> the NIO, is that right?
>
> Vladimir - is it you who is mainly looking at security? How about a
> similar page on what you are doing?

I'm volunteering to make a page for security/crypto/x-net/auth/related providers

Thanks,
Mikhail

Re: Component status pages

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
I have added status pages for security, crypto, and x-net

http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/component_development_status

Will do this for auth also

Thanks,
Mikhail

Re: Component status pages

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Mark and Chris

Thank you very much for your warm heart. I checked out Wiki's online
help, and it is true, the WikiName will be rendered as link
automatically, but unluckily the "~" prefix doesn't work:(. I find two
solutions from the document
1. insert six consecutive single quotes, like this: Wiki''''''Name (who
created this idea?)
2. exclamation mark as prefix , i.e, !WikiName, (this is better, and is
what I chose)

P.S. I have sent a message several hours ago on this thread, but seems
it has disappeared silently, and even Thunderbird failed to download
mails these hours :-( . Bad luck never come alone.

--
Paulex Yang
China Software Development Lab

Re: Component status pages

Posted by Chris Gray <ch...@kiffer.be>.

Re: Component status pages

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.
Geir - I'm not really sure how this would work. The wiki is good because
it's quick, (relatively) easy to update and people who don't have
committer status can say what they are doing. The web pages are good for
information that doesn't change so fast, but I think they'd just be
constantly out of date if we tried to use them the way the wiki is being
used.

Re: Component status pages

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Re: Component status pages

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Component status pages

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Component status pages

Posted by Paulex Yang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Zoe,

Re: Component status pages

Posted by zoe slattery <zo...@googlemail.com>.

RE: Component status pages (was:Re: any donations expected for awt and swing?)

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.