Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mitchell Krog <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/02 15:58:39 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_socache_shmcb

Hi all

I am hoping someone can please give me a more concise description of
what the socache_shmcb module is and what it actually does. The
documentation at
https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_socache_shmcb.html is very
vague and in 2 years has not changed. Google searches do not reveal much
information other than people on forums saying enable the module for
better performance and what not.

I just cannot get my head around what it is actually really designed to
do and if one was to use it how to configure it. Guess as I said it will
first help to know what it actually is.

Regards
Mitchell