Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Jan S. Rellermeyer" <re...@inf.ethz.ch> on 2008/03/31 11:30:40 UTC

Multicast Support for MINA

Hi,

I am currently working on writing an SLP provider for Apache DS based on
Mina. I followed the discussion about multicast support. What is the current
status?
Multicast support is absolutely inevitable for implementing the SLP
protocol. If there is currently no plan to implement a java.net.io-based
multicast support, what about announcing a Google SOC project on this? I
could offer to (co-)mentor that.

Best regards,

Jan.

ETH Zurich, MSc Jan S. Rellermeyer,
Information and Communication Systems Research Group (IKS),
Department of Computer Science,
IFW B 47.1, Haldeneggsteig 4, CH–8092 Zürich Tel +41 44 632 30 38,
http://www.iks.inf.ethz.ch

RE: Multicast Support for MINA

Posted by "Jan S. Rellermeyer" <re...@inf.ethz.ch>.
Okay. I finally managed to create me a Wiki user (currently attending a conference and the wireless is horrible) and added the project.

Cheers,

Posted by 이희승 (Trustin Lee) <t...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jan S. Rellermeyer" <re...@inf.ethz.ch>.

Posted by Bogdan Ciprian Pistol <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Hi,
APR is supporting multicast, so I think it's doable without
resurrecting evil bio :)

Julien

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:24:22 -0600

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "이희승 (Trustin Lee)" <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jan,

Posted by islam alnaggar <is...@gmail.com>.
hello Jan
i can subscripe as mentor
thanks

Posted by "Jan S. Rellermeyer" <re...@inf.ethz.ch>.
Hi,

Posted by islam alnaggar <is...@gmail.com>.
hello

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Sounds good I hope we have some takers.  I think a few people on mina-dev
were interested in Multicast support.  It's probably something we'd like to
add to 2.0 before it goes out.

Alex