Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by chomik MChamster <tu...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/26 13:34:18 UTC

trying to turn debug on

Greetings!

I've upgraded from v1.3 to v.1.4 and all went good until I
replaced guacamole-auth-saml-1.3.0.jar
with guacamole-auth-sso-saml-1.4.0.jar
I am now stuck in a loop during the authentication process in a way that
guacamole displays the message about redirecting to the authentication
provider, the page refreshes ( I can see the browser address bar telling me
it is reaching Azure) and it goes back to saying redirect is happening and
does that all the time every time. The saml section of guacamole.properties
have not been touched (obviously). Anyway I thought I'd mention it in case
someone had similar issue.
...Now I was looking at enabling debug to try and understand what's going
on, however placing the logback.xml file in guacamole home with the example
debug configuration from
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html does
nothing at all and I can only see INFO level of messages in my catalina log
file.
Can you guys recommend how to successfully switch the debug on, please?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Tomski

Re: trying to turn debug on

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 8:34 AM chomik MChamster <tu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> I've upgraded from v1.3 to v.1.4 and all went good until I
> replaced guacamole-auth-saml-1.3.0.jar
> with guacamole-auth-sso-saml-1.4.0.jar
> I am now stuck in a loop during the authentication process in a way that
> guacamole displays the message about redirecting to the authentication
> provider, the page refreshes ( I can see the browser address bar telling me
> it is reaching Azure) and it goes back to saying redirect is happening and
> does that all the time every time. The saml section of guacamole.properties
> have not been touched (obviously). Anyway I thought I'd mention it in case
> someone had similar issue.
> ...Now I was looking at enabling debug to try and understand what's going
> on, however placing the logback.xml file in guacamole home with the example
> debug configuration from
> https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html does
> nothing at all and I can only see INFO level of messages in my catalina log
> file.
> Can you guys recommend how to successfully switch the debug on, please?

Make sure after you check this logback.xml file that you reload the webapp
or restart Tomcat. Also, if you're trying to debug SAML you might make sure
to add the saml-debug option to guacamole.properties, as this will enable
some additional debugging within the SAML library.

-Nick

R: trying to turn debug on

Posted by Francesco Trimarchi <ft...@auroranetwork.it>.
I had the same problem, i  found the resolution applying the suggestions founded in this thread.

https://www.mail-archive.com/user@guacamole.apache.org/msg09211.html

best regards

Francesco