Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Langas de los Langas <pu...@hotmail.com> on 2007/01/22 12:09:13 UTC

Form-based authentication and WML

Hi to everyone. I'm developing a JSP application with form-based
authentication (with user data stored in an OpenLDAP directory) running in
Tomcat 5.5. The application has two features: a web portal and a WAP portal.
The file web.xml is configured with the necessary security constraints. For
the web portal, I use the typical authentication form:

<form action="j_security_check" method="post" name="loginForm"
target="_self" class="Estilo2" id="loginForm">
<input type=text class="Estilo2" name="j_username" size=30>
<input type=password name="j_password" class="Estilo2" id="passwordUsuario"
size=30>
</form>

Problems arrive when I try to emulate this in my WML code. Since WML doesn't
have proper "forms", I don't know how to pass the parameters to the security
check process:

Login: <input emptyok="false" name="j_username" type="text"
title="Login"/><br/>
Contrase&#241;a: <input emptyok="false" name="j_password" type="password"
title="Password"/><br/>

This is not a form (just two inputs and an anchor, not related to each
other). I can retrieve the values the user types (j_username and j_password)
with WML variables, but I don't know how I can send them to
j_security_check. I have (extensively) searched the web and FAQs for more
information on j_security_check, and for people who has similar problem, but
I have been simply unable to find anything related to my problem. Anybody
can recommend me some documentation which helps me to figure out the way
j_security_check receives and treats the parametes j_username and
j_password? I think I would be able to cope with the problem if I had some
enlightenment on that subject. Thanks in advance.

(note: I'm from Spain, so excuse me for my misspellings and grammar
mistakes; especially prepositions!)