Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2023/02/24 20:51:27 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Mark Unused/Abandoned Pulsar Git Repositories Read Only

Hi -

We have several unmaintained or abandoned repositories. We should retire these by either marking them read-only after leaving a README or we should delete them.

(1) GitHub.com/apache/pulsar-client-ruby/ - There is only an initial commit of a README. I think that it should be deleted.

(2) GitHub.com/apache/pulsar-connectors/ - This was abandoned in Nov 2020. We should make it read only.

(3) GitHub.com/apache/pulsar-presto/ - This was also abandoned in Nov 2020. We should make it read only.

Best,
Dave

Re: [DISCUSSION] Mark Unused/Abandoned Pulsar Git Repositories Read Only

Posted by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org>.
This is a good initiative.

> (1) GitHub.com/apache/pulsar-client-ruby/ - There is only an initial commit of a README. I think that it should be deleted.

That has two PRs. That makes me think we should move the repo to read
only, instead.

> (2) GitHub.com/apache/pulsar-connectors/ - This was abandoned in Nov 2020. We should make it read only.
> (3) GitHub.com/apache/pulsar-presto/ - This was also abandoned in Nov 2020. We should make it read only.

We need to understand the status of PIP 62 in order to know what to do
for these repos. See
https://lists.apache.org/thread/gj8ctgx91xhysc46pfgdqy7bncymv3vn

Moving the presto integration has been discussed several times before,
but we still have it in the apache/pulsar repo.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.