Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Bhavesh Shah <bh...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 08:26:18 UTC

Can we fire the trigger in SQL Server after exporting the data from HIVE using SQOOP

Hello all,

I have implemented some task in Hive and wanted to export a table from Hive
into SQL Server using SQOOP.

When table gets exported from Hive to SQL Server, I want to fire the
trigger in SQL Server.

Is it possible to fire the trigger?

Thanks.

Bhavesh Shah

Re: Can we fire the trigger in SQL Server after exporting the data from HIVE using SQOOP

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Bhavesh,
I'm not aware of any way how to trigger something after successful import/export at the moment. However it seems as very reasonable request. Would you mind filling a JIRA request for that?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP

Jarcec