Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by LOMBART Christophe <Ch...@sword-technologies.com> on 2004/12/03 12:18:06 UTC

Jetspeed 2 + MySql 4.1

Hi All,

I'm wondering if someone is using Jetspeed 2 with MySql 4.1 ?
I cannot build with this Mysql version. I'm not the MySql expert but I expect the issues comes from the differencies between MySql 3.x & 4.1. Mainly InnoDb support is not by default in 3.x.

The build failed because the Torque generated script are not correct for MySql 4.1. I have a patch but I want to verify if others solved the problem by using another way.

Thanks
Christophe

Re: Jetspeed 2 + MySql 4.1

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:

> LOMBART Christophe wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm wondering if someone is using Jetspeed 2 with MySql 4.1 ?
>> I cannot build with this Mysql version. I'm not the MySql expert but I
>> expect the issues comes from the differencies between MySql 3.x & 4.1.
>> Mainly InnoDb support is not by default in 3.x.
>

> I work with 4.1 here.
> Seems to build fine, but I suspect you may have InnoDB as your default
> table type?
>
> I think InnoDB should be the default for Jetspeed
> Im trying to change my default table type so I can reproduce it but i
> can't get the setting to work :(
>

>> The build failed because the Torque generated script are not correct
>> for MySql 4.1. I have a patch but I want to verify if others solved
>> the problem by using another way.
>>

> Could you send the patch and I'll try it out here

ok, Im now building against all InnoDB tables.
I had to modify the schema files,
-- change the table creation order
-- add a drop.sql task into the build for MySQL only
-- add CASCADE DELETE on all FKs

Ran all tests -- PASSED
Deployed to Tomcat5.0.30

Now testing on Oracle, Hypersonic, MySQL (ISAM)
Will report back if I see any errors

Re: Jetspeed 2 + MySql 4.1

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> LOMBART Christophe wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm wondering if someone is using Jetspeed 2 with MySql 4.1 ?
>> I cannot build with this Mysql version. I'm not the MySql expert but I
>> expect the issues comes from the differencies between MySql 3.x & 4.1.
>> Mainly InnoDb support is not by default in 3.x.
>

> I work with 4.1 here.
> Seems to build fine, but I suspect you may have InnoDB as your default
> table type?
>
> I think InnoDB should be the default for Jetspeed
> Im trying to change my default table type so I can reproduce it but i
> can't get the setting to work :(

OK I switched over to InnoDB as my default DB type
Now I get

db.execute:
     [sql] Executing file:
C:\bluesunrise\apache\jakarta-jetspeed-2\target\src\sq
l\mysql\phase2-schema.sql
     [sql] [ERROR] Failed to execute: CREATE TABLE RULE_CRITERION (
CRITERION_ID
VARCHAR (80) NOT NULL, RULE_ID VARCHAR (80) NOT NULL, FALLBACK_ORDER
INTEGER NOT
  NULL, REQUEST_TYPE VARCHAR (40) NOT NULL, NAME VARCHAR (80) NOT NULL,
VALUE VAR
CHAR (128), FALLBACK_TYPE INTEGER default 1, PRIMARY KEY(CRITERION_ID),
FOREIGN
KEY (RULE_ID) REFERENCES PROFILING_RULE (RULE_ID) , INDEX
IX_RULE_CRITERION_1 (R
ULE_ID, FALLBACK_ORDER) )

I imagine it has something to do with the order we create the tables ....

Looking into it now

Re: Jetspeed 2 + MySql 4.1

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
LOMBART Christophe wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm wondering if someone is using Jetspeed 2 with MySql 4.1 ?
> I cannot build with this Mysql version. I'm not the MySql expert but I expect the issues comes from the differencies between MySql 3.x & 4.1. Mainly InnoDb support is not by default in 3.x.

I work with 4.1 here.
Seems to build fine, but I suspect you may have InnoDB as your default
table type?

I think InnoDB should be the default for Jetspeed
Im trying to change my default table type so I can reproduce it but i
can't get the setting to work :(

> The build failed because the Torque generated script are not correct for MySql 4.1. I have a patch but I want to verify if others solved the problem by using another way.

Could you send the patch and I'll try it out here

> Thanks
> Christophe

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software