Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/07/26 02:54:02 UTC

[Discuss] Kubernetes API V1 Upgrade Completed

Hi Devs,

I have now upgraded Fabric 8 Kubernetes API client version to 2.2.16 and
removed forked code.

Stratos now supports Kubernetes API V1. I have verified this with a
Kubernetes 1.0.1 environment [1] using the live test. This change is now
available in the master branch.

[1] https://github.com/imesh/kubernetes-vagrant-setup

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Kubernetes API V1 Upgrade Completed

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Devs,

The above issue is now fixed in the master branch. In addition the
following changes were done to support the new Kubernetes API and
functionality:

   - Removed Public IP addresses of nodes being added to Kubernetes
   Services, this is not needed now.
   - Changed Kubernetes Service type to NodePort. This will make sure
   Kubernetes Services are exposed via each node with the given Node Port.
   - Changed default Node Port Range in sample Kubernetes Clsuters to 30000
   to 32767. This is the default range which Kubernetes uses.
   - Added the Container Port as the Kubernetes Service Port. This will
   allow internal service calls to use the Container Port via Portlet IPs.

Thanks

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.