Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michael Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/29 03:54:22 UTC

Installing MyFaces under Tomcat

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.9 from the Jakarta website and not from Sun's
webservices package. Could someone tell me where I need to put MyFaces
in the Tomcat directly to be able to run JSF samples?

Re: Installing MyFaces under Tomcat

Posted by Adrian Merrall <pi...@gmail.com>.
On 6/29/05, David Thompson <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> place the myfaces-examples.war into the webapps directory of your
> tomcat distribution. Then restart tomcat (/bin/startup.sh, or
> /bin/startup.bat for Windows).
>
> On 6/28/05, Michael Thomsen <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm running Tomcat 5.5.9 from the Jakarta website and not from Sun's
> > webservices package. Could someone tell me where I need to put MyFaces
> > in the Tomcat directly to be able to run JSF samples?

There is a note in the faq about running myfaces on Tomcat 5.5.

Does MyFaces work with Tomcat 5.5?
    Yes, Apache MyFaces works with Tomcat5.5. If you see a blank page
in your browser, try to remove the JAR files jsp-2.0.jar and
commons-el.jar of the folder WEB-INF/lib.

Note there are currently some issues with running the extensions on
the reference implementation so to see these you will need to remove
the RI libs.

Also from the docs

Also make sure that there is no jsf-api.jar or jsf-impl.jar (i.e. Suns
API and implementation) in the classpath or in one of Tomcat's lib
directories (common/lib or shared/lib).

HTH

Adrian
Auckland, NZ