Posted to users@daffodil.apache.org by "Costello, Roger L." <co...@mitre.org> on 2019/10/28 14:41:19 UTC

Use cases for DFDL

Hi Folks,

I created a slide of use cases. See below. Do you agree with the slide? Anything you would add, delete, or change?  /Roger

[cid:image001.png@01D58D7C.363546E0]

Re: Use cases for DFDL

Posted by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@tresys.com>.
I would not pick on RDF data stores as the target.

Parsing data to populate a database (any variety) is the actual case. The fact that we did do one project involving RDF is why I cited that example in particular but pulling data into any data store/data base begins with the ability to parse the data, and then process it into suitable form.

This is an incomplete list so perhaps this slide title should be "Example Use Cases for DFDL" ?

...mikeb