Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Jim Hurley <Ji...@Sun.COM> on 2007/06/07 17:03:00 UTC

Re: JSTK import (Was: Short term plan forward... (proposal))

Hi all-

Not sure if there was consensus on this...   so just doing a quick
double check that we've got agreement.  Based on most of the
with the JTSK repository structure (and moving serviceui to fit in).

There was an alternate structure proposed (adding one additional
level of src) by Craig Russell:
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-river-dev/
200705.mbox/%3c01F7F559-6C4A-48B4-A518-2512D8BE195F@SUN.com%3e>

That's certainly a reasonable idea, but doing so will break the
build (whether that would need to get fixed prior to or after import is
another question).

So...  let's approach it this way --  our default plan is to stick
with the jtsk repository for initial import.  If you agree, feel
free to respond with a +1 or just stay happily silent.  If you're
against this approach (and prefer Craig's proposal or another),
please respond with a -1 (and your ideas).

We're anxious to get this in (today if possible) -- so **please**
give it some immediate consideration.

thanks much -Jim

:

Posted by Bob Scheifler <Bo...@Sun.COM>.
Jim Hurley wrote:
> So...  let's approach it this way --  our default plan is to stick
> with the jtsk repository for initial import.

+1

- Bob

Re: JSTK import (Was: Short term plan forward... (proposal))

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 6/7/07, Jim Hurley <Ji...@sun.com> wrote:
> So...  let's approach it this way --  our default plan is to stick
> with the jtsk repository for initial import.  If you agree, feel
> free to respond with a +1 or just stay happily silent.  If you're
> against this approach (and prefer Craig's proposal or another),
> please respond with a -1 (and your ideas).

Sounds good to me!

Even if people prefer some other layout, we can start with the current
one to get people working on the code. We can manage any structural
changes using normal procedures once the code is in svn, i.e. file a
Jira issue for the proposed change and discuss it on the mailing list
to form consensus.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: JSTK import (Was: Short term plan forward... (proposal))

Posted by Jim Waldo <Ji...@sun.com>.
+1

Jim Waldo

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
+1

The only reason I raised my alternate structure was to give you an
opportunity to easily change things before they are set. The
structure can be changed in future if the need arises after a
discussion as to the merits.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: JSTK import (Was: Short term plan forward... (proposal))

Posted by Dan Creswell <da...@dcrdev.demon.co.uk>.
+1

Dan.