Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@symas.com> on 2018/07/05 08:48:19 UTC

Studio + client certificates

Hi guys,

there is a missing piece in Studio (and in the LDAP API?) : being able
to set a client certificate in the connection, for when teh server is
expecting this connection to be authenticated through a client certificate.

I'm wondering how long it would take to implement that feature ?

Thanks !

Re: Studio + client certificates

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 05/07/2018 à 21:37, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
> Is that the same as SASL External mechanism? I don't know if the API
> (and server) support that?

We will need to add a bindSaslExternal() on the LdapNetworkConnection.

The server does not suport it atm, but some other server supports such a
thing (like OpenLDAP).

I guess the first step them is to have the LDAP API implementing the
SASL external request, and to have the server support it, otherwise
testing it will be painful.

Anyway, that is not an urgency, it's not really something people
frequently use...

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com