Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/12 04:26:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Karaf version 3.0.0.RC1

Hi,

We resolved 964 issues in this release (web page will be published
post RC promotion):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/site/trunk/src/main/webapp/index/community/download/karaf-3.0.0.RC1-release.page

NOTE: This is a technology preview release candidate.

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-019/

Release tags:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/tags/karaf-3.0.0.RC1/

3.0.x Dependencies table:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/karaf/site/trunk/src/main/webapp/index/documentation/karaf-dependencies/karaf-deps-3.0.x.page

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf version 3.0.0.RC1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
That's what I raised earlier.  Wait a bit and see if they are installed.
For some reason, it goes to the internet before checking the system folder
and it takes time for nothing.

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Red Hat, Open Source Integration

Email: gnodet@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf version 3.0.0.RC1

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result :

  +1 (binding): Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Guillaume Nodet, Achim Nierbeck,
Charles Moulliard, Andreas Pieber, Jamie Goodyear, and Freeman Fang.
  +1 (non binding): Christian Schneider, Christoph Gritschenberger,
  -1 (binding): Łukasz Dywicki
  -1 (non-binding): N/A

Please note, as discussed above, we feel that as a technology preview
we can pass this majority vote - the known issues are listed on the
release notes page.

I will copy this release to the Karaf dist directory and promote the
artifacts to the central Maven repository.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1
-------------

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I agree.

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
I also second Jamie on this one. +1 for the RC1 "tech preview" release.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.

Wiadomość napisana przez Christoph Gritschenberger <ch...@gmail.com> w dniu 13 mar 2013, o godz. 10:31:

Posted by Christoph Gritschenberger <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

kind regards,
christoph

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Also some comments :)
I second Guillaume on the fine grained "utility bundles", their
just polluting the list command ;)
The Felis webconsole works, but the admin plugin is gone. Dunno what
happened to that.
It's OK for a RC1 but for a Release this would be -1 ;)

Besides that, great that we have a 3.0 RC1

regards, Achim

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I do not agree with embedding bundles except for some rare cases. They
make it much more difficult to work with those projects. In maven you
always
get the list of dependencies including the embedded ones unless you
exclude them.
I agree though that ops4j contains too many fine grained bundles.
Instead of embedding I propose to check if we could just merge some of
these libs.

Christian

http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf version 3.0.0.RC1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Yes, it's what I'm doing (I was supposed to do it yesterday evening, but
not had time).

Regards
JB

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1 (non binding)

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
Am Tuesday, 12. March 2013 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
> Hi,

hello JB,

> it's random test failures.
>
> Could you try a couple of more times ?

random, indeed. What is causing this random failures? Is it related to Pax Web
where I've also random test failures?

thanks,
O.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.