Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/24 21:32:44 UTC

Understanding the tests

So I've got a bit of understanding of what we've got in the test directory,
but I'm betting not many people do, and my knowledge is fairly limited. =)
Roman, could you explain what the various directories are and what's in them
roughly? We should probably get that on the wiki. I think getting the
automated testing going is the single most important thing for 0.2.0.

A.

Re: Understanding the tests

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I've got a bit of understanding of what we've got in the test directory,
> but I'm betting not many people do, and my knowledge is fairly limited. =)
> Roman, could you explain what the various directories are and what's in them
> roughly?

Well, there's a site portion dedicated to iTest:
    trunk/test/site
which is still available @GitHUB but hasn't been hooked up to Apache
site generation:
    http://cloudera.github.com/bigtop/iTest/
There's stuff like API docs:
    http://cloudera.github.com/bigtop/iTest/apidocs/index.html

The docs are pretty sparse, but it is a good start.

> We should probably get that on the wiki.

I'd rather hook the iTest portion of the site to the rest of it.

> I think getting the
> automated testing going is the single most important thing for 0.2.0.

Btw, take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-42

I think it is crucial for us to at least build-validate submitted patches.
Test validation will come a bit later.

Thanks,
Roman.