Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/29 19:34:35 UTC

Re: spark-0.8.0 and hadoop-2.1.0-beta

I’m curious, Viren, do you have a patch you could post to build this against YARN 2.1 / 2.2? It would be nice to see how big the changes are.

Matei

Posted by "Liu, Raymond" <ra...@intel.com>.
After simply replace the API with new one and ignore those I could not find a replacement. I can make it pass compile, But just fail at AM registering

13/10/30 13:22:01 INFO yarn.ApplicationMaster: Registering the ApplicationMaster
13/10/30 13:22:02 ERROR security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:root (auth:SIMPLE) cause:org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Client cannot authenticate via:[TOKEN]

Seems need a few more investigation...

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu

I am also working on porting the trunk code onto 2.2.0. Seems quite many API changes but many of them are just a rename work.
While Yarn 2.1.0 beta also add some client API for easy interaction with YARN framework, but there are not many examples on how to use them ( API and wiki doc are both old and not reflecting the new API), some part of SPARK YARN code will need to be rewritten with the new client API And I am not quite familiar with the user certification part of code, it might take times for it seems to me this part of codes also change a little bit, some methods gone, and I don't find the replacement or they are not need anymore.

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu