Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com> on 2008/08/07 13:40:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r683540 - in /forrest/trunk: main/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/ main/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples-b/ site-author/

The final XInclude spec does not allow fragment identifiers. See

http://www.w3.org/TR/xinclude/

for more details, but the core is this:

"Fragment identifiers _must not_ be used; their appearance is a _fatal
error_."

Instead, fragments should be specified using a separate xpointer
attribute.

This change relates to the following points in the commit:

Den 7. aug. 2008 kl. 11.21 skrev crossley@apache.org:

> Added: forrest/trunk/main/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
> samples-b/xinclude-explanation.xml
> +      <xi:include href="cocoon://samples-b/xinclude-input-
> sec3.xml#xpointer(/section/p)"/>

and

> Added: forrest/trunk/main/fresh-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
> samples-b/xinclude.xml
> +      <xi:include href="cocoon://samples-b/xinclude-input-
> sec3.xml#xpointer(/section/p)"/>

In both cases the inclusion should be rewritten to:

<xi:include href="cocoon://samples-b/xinclude-input-sec3.xml"
xpointer="xpointer(/section/p)"/>

Another question is whether our XInclude processor is up-to-date with
the spec. I haven't tested that yet.

Sjur

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Den 12. aug. 2008 kl. 08.39 skrev David Crossley:
>
>> I decided to encourage proper usage in the source xdocs, to use
>> an xpointer attribute. A sitemap transformation appends it to
>> the href attribute, to do it in Cocoon's old way. When this is fixed
>> at Cocoon, then we can reverse this.
>
> Excellent solution:)

+1 - great idea!

Ross

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Den 12. aug. 2008 kl. 08.39 skrev David Crossley:

> I decided to encourage proper usage in the source xdocs, to use
> an xpointer attribute. A sitemap transformation appends it to
> the href attribute, to do it in Cocoon's old way. When this is fixed
> at Cocoon, then we can reverse this.

Excellent solution:)

> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-1088

Thanks for following up.

Sjur

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Den 8. aug. 2008 kl. 07.10 skrev David Crossley:

> I just checked our sample. No, our packaged Cocoon does not
> handle that. If we define it that way, then it just includes
> the whole file.

That is expected behaviour, since the old implementation does not know
about the xpointer attribute.

> We need to open an issue until it is fixed at Cocoon,
> and until we use a newer Cocoon. I have not checked the
> Cocoon-2.2 code. Could someone do that and see if Cocoon
> have an open issue about that.
>
> Should we remove that part of our sample, or add a warning?

I think a warning would be enough.

> The DTD changes done in FOR-1032, will later need to be
> enhanced to handle the "xpointer" attribute.

yes.

Sjur

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.