Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/04 20:04:22 UTC

Re: Upgrading to 1.6.0 and beyond

That was not an improvement, but a regression. See AXIS2-5034 for more details.

Andreas

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 17:44, James Annesley
<ja...@infoshare-is.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> 1.6.0 works ok for me but I noticed all the exceptions were replaced with a single ExceptionFault.java class. Previously I had a separate exception for each the request. I would have assumed this is an improvement except that I noticed in 1.6.1 and in 1.6.2-snapshot they have reappeared. Please can someone tell me what is going on here? I had to change a lot of code to get 1.6.0 to work.
>

> Cheers,
>

> James
>
> Infoshare Ltd
> Millennium House
> 21 Eden Street
> Kingston upon Thames
> Surrey
> KT1 1BL
> United Kingdom
>
> Phone: +44 (0) 20 8541 0111
> Support:  +44 (0) 20 8481 4760
> Web:  http://www.infoshare-is.com/
> E-mail:  info@infoshare-is.com
>
> Infoshare Ltd is registered in England and Wales.
> Registered Office as above.
> Registered Number 2877612
> VAT Number GB 678 1443 10
>
> The content of this e-mail (and any attachment to it) is confidential. Any views or opinions do not represent the views or opinions of Infoshare Ltd. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete it. You may not use, copy or disclose the information in any way.
>
> Infoshare Ltd monitors incoming and outgoing e-mails.
>
> Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

Axis2 and dom4j problems

Posted by fa...@uniserv.com.
Hi,

we have Tomcat and axis2 (1.6) running.

One of our web services needs jaxen.jar and dom4j.jar.
The web service archive file contains these jar files within the
service's WEB-INF/lib.

Nevertheless by executing the method the web service throws the
exeception

org.dom4j.InvalidXPathException: Invalid XPath expression:
'myPath'. Caused by: org/dom4j/Element ..

(The same method runninmg as a standalone application does function)

So I supposed, there is some class loading problem, and tried following:

I've copied the dom4j.jar into axis2 WEB-INF/lib and it does function.

Now my question:
- do I have any possibility to control the axis2 classloader,
so my required jar-file (dom4j) would be found (at the right time).
- is it an axis2 issue at all, or is it the tomcat class loader?

- is there any negative side-effect if I solve the problem by copying
the dom4j into the axis2 WEB-INF/lib?

I would prefer the first solution: each webservice aar-file contains all
reqeuired jar-files and those are found first.

Kind regrads,

Fadila