Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net> on 2009/03/23 04:24:17 UTC

Wicket serialization problems for OSGi users

I know there have been a few people inquiring about this from time to
time.

I write about my experiences here, in the hope that this is helpful:

  http://bioscene.blogspot.com/2009/03/serialization-in-osgi.html

Cheers,
=David

Re: Wicket serialization problems for OSGi users

Posted by reiern70 <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Thank for your answer! Yes, your are right buddy class loading is Equinox
proprietary. For me that's not a problem because I tied myself to use
equinox. I did so because if you want to deploy in a traditional application
sever you will have to use a bridge approach and equinox already provide
that bridge. I though the standard already provided a something similar to
buddy class-loading  (dynamic imports?), or at least that was the answer
some-one gave to me on the equinox list. I haven't had the time to check the
details myself. For me, buddy-class loading works just fine and I didn't
bother too much with the philosophical  implications of this. I also need
the same trick for things like loading entities, quartz jobs, etc.

Cheers,

Ernesto

Posted by David Leangen <wi...@leangen.net>.
Hi Ernesto,

Posted by reiern70 <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Nice post! Just one question why not use buddy class-loading techniques to
"solve" serialization problem? To me this is the same kind of problem you
encounter when you have a basic bundle handling Hibernate persistence and
you want Hibernate to load classes from a bundle containing your entities.
Or am I missing something?

Best,

Ernesto