Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/04 04:42:33 UTC

Graceful shutdown without using jmx

Hi,

I've installed kafka 0.8.1.1 on linux. But the linux kafka-server-start.sh
doesn't set default jmx port so I cannot change leader of some partitions.
How can I shutdown without data loss or duplication? I've already tested,
and I've known that kafka lose data without graceful shutdown.

Regards,
JL

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: Graceful shutdown without using jmx

Posted by Daniel Compton <de...@danielcompton.net>.
Hi Jongyoul

If you did want to set the JMX Port on startup, you could do this by
setting the JMX_PORT environment variable when starting the server. Here is
how we do it. We've put this into it's own script file.

env JMX_PORT=8110 $KAFKA_HOME/bin/kafka-server-start.sh
$KAFKA_HOME/config/server.properties > $KAFKA_HOME/logs/ksvr-start.log 2>&1
&

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.