Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jun MA <mj...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/14 20:45:07 UTC

How to manually bring offline partition back?

Hi all,

We have some partitions that only have 1 replication, and after the broker failed, partitions on that broker becomes unavailable. We set unclean.leader.election.enable=false, so the controller doesn’t bring those partitions back online even after that broker is up. We tried Preferred Replica Leader Election and Reassign Partitions, both are not working. We can set unclean.leader.election.enable=true and controller will bring them back, but we don’t want to do rolling restart on all brokers. Is there anyway that I can manually bring them online? I’m using kafka 0.9.0.1

Thanks,
Jun