Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Benjamin Venditti <be...@web.de> on 2009/09/07 17:13:57 UTC

Re: suggestions for improving Thomas' DBGenerataor

Hi Rainer & Thomas

i'm currently a little busy as i'm moving to vienna this month, but i
haven't forgotten DBGenerator ;-) .

I agree with the most of rainer's suggestions:

    1. A database class needs no connection stuff inside. --> So the
database will get configured via the constuctor.
    2. A empty (for the beginning) in between table class named XXXTable
(XXX is a userdefined prefix), so the user (developer) may add methods
there.
    3. Just put the basics to a individual record class, so no
locking/attribute getters or relationship finders.
    4. The common XXXRecord (XXX is a userdefined prefix) class should
utilize generics.

I hope i got it right so far.

Thomas, what do you think about these changes?

best regards,
    benjamin

Re: Empire-db code generator

Posted by Benjamin Venditti <be...@web.de>.
Hi Rainer,

I'm already subscribed to empire-dev and empire-user mailinglists. I
think your suggestion is meaningful. As for me, I'd be happy to work
that way and I'm looking forward to work with you.

best regards
    Benjamin

Empire-db code generator

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Hi Thomas and Benni,

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
You can just create an issue and attach stuff to it afterwards.

If the rc5 release fails once again I suggest we make a 2.0.5 branch
and incorporate the generator code to trunk as an extra maven module.

Cheers,
Francis

ps: You guys can also vote in the vote thread for rc5 if you think it's ok.

--
http://www.somatik.be

Re: suggestions for improving Thomas' DBGenerataor

Posted by Benjamin Venditti <be...@web.de>.
Hi there,

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

We are still discussing on the matter so don't think it won't happen.
Apache works with a 'merit' system to let people in, this to make sure
that we have active committers.

I'm sure we will find a solution you guys agree with.

Cheers,
Francis

--
http://www.somatik.be

re: suggestions for improving Thomas' DBGenerataor

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Poling <sn...@comcast.net>.
Greetings All:
I was on business travel last week so I'm just catching up on the emails.
I agree with almost all the changes suggested - I like the idea of getting
rid of the DB connection specifics and keeping it simple by removing all the
interfaces and finder methods.  As people use it we can add commonly
suggested features later.  The only part I'd like to keep are the access
method for simple attributes because this keeps my hand-generated code a

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.
Francis De Brabandere wrote:
> Re: suggestions for improving Thomas' DBGenerataor
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just to let you guys have my support on this generator. I really hope
> we can get our current release out and that we can have this generator
> as the next big feature for the next release.

+1

Rainer

Posted by Rainer Döbele <do...@esteam.de>.

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

--
http://www.somatik.be

Re: suggestions for improving Thomas' DBGenerataor

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

--
http://www.somatik.be