Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Sahith Nallapareddy <sa...@spotify.com> on 2022/06/14 15:47:34 UTC

Dataflow java job with java transforms in expansion service

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has run a java job with java external transforms
in dataflow? We have had python beam jobs run great with java external
transforms. However, we tried to run a java job with java external
transforms but this seemed to stall on dataflow (this was done a while ago,
have to verify this is still happening). We are working on a system and
having transforms in an expansion service is a component of it. Is this
something that would be supported or is it only going to work cross
language?

Thanks,

Sahith

Re: Dataflow java job with java transforms in expansion service

Posted by Sahith Nallapareddy <sa...@spotify.com>.
Hello,

I ran a job today and it seems like on the latest version of beam this is
working as jobs are actually running now! If I run into any issues i'll
update this thread, but thank you seems like on 2.39 the earlier issues
have been resolved.

Thanks,

Sahith

Posted by Sahith Nallapareddy <sa...@spotify.com>.