Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Fero <mi...@datastax.com> on 2018/02/02 17:41:24 UTC

Re: cpp driver warning for create keyspace statement

​Oliver,

I have been unable to reproduce this issue using the cpp-driver against a
locally created Apache Cassandra cluster using CCM with proper
modifications to enable GosspingPropertyFileSnitch using the data centers
and racks defined by the `nodetool status` information provided. I would
suggest using CQLSH to query every nodes `system.local` and `system.peers`
tables to make sure they all have the same `data_center` attribute defined
as expected.

NOTE: The only way that I was able to reproduce the issue using the default
data center aware with token awareness was to provide an invalid data
center name during the keyspace creation; however that is to be expected
since that data center would not exist or be known to the cluster.

~Fero
Michael Fero

Re: cpp driver warning for create keyspace statement

Posted by Oliver Herrmann <o....@gmail.com>.
Michael,

it looks like the issue was related to an invalid keyspace. After I
dropped one keyspace (with an invalid datacenter name) and and altered
another one the warning is gone. But I can not reproduce it, even when
recreating the the previous keyspaces.

Oliver