Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@apache.org> on 2020/05/29 02:30:19 UTC

[HEAD UP] New dashboard is closing, template management will be supported

Hi

I am happy and excited to share, our new dashboard has been merge into rock
bot-UI repo. Welcome to try.
I already have the tests for configuring the standard UI like the old days,
and Gao has the first time test on the Prometheus case, it seems working as
well.

The next step before the release will be.
1. I will change on the backend to support UI dashboard template
management(CRUD), also could/will be initialized first time through config
file, in order to be more friendly for new user who doesn’t care about the
dashboard so much.
2. Qiuxia will work on support different template between the main
dashboard and topology pop up page for the instance and endpoint.
3. Qiuxia will make the UI support the dashboard configuration
import/export to override and save the configuration.

We are closing the 8.0 release, I and Qiuxia are planning more new and
cooler feature to enhance the UI. We hope all these would be a better
experiences.

Look forward our 8.0 release soon.

Sheng
--
Sheng Wu 吴晟

Apache SkyWalking
Apache Incubator
Apache ShardingSphere, ECharts, DolphinScheduler podlings
Zipkin
Twitter, wusheng1108