Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Krystal Tse <kt...@trigoncanada.com> on 2001/02/13 02:05:40 UTC

Error when using xalan-j 2_0_0 with apply tag

Hi,

I am using xalan-j 2_0_0 version and I've found that it does not work
with Apply tag in XSL Taglib library.

I receive the following when I run a jsp with using the apply tag in xsl
taglib:

SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0; SystemId Unknown; Line 0; Column 0;
Mon Feb
12 19:49:08 EST 2001:<E> <ServletContext-srvcavail> Servlet failed with
Exceptio
javax.servlet.ServletException: runtime failure in custom tag 'apply'
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.ServletException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at jsp_servlet._ProcessServAvail._jspService(Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:105)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:123)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:742)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:686)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(Servlet
ContextManager.java:247)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.jav
a:361)
        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(Compiled Code)

Mon Feb 12 19:49:08 EST 2001:<E> <ServletContext-srvcavail> root cause
of Servle
tException
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SAX Exception
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at javax.servlet.jsp.JspException.<init>(JspException.java:73)
        at org.apache.taglibs.xsl.ApplyTag.doEndTag(ApplyTag.java:274)
        at jsp_servlet._ProcessServAvail._jspService(Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:105)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:123)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:742)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletCon
textImpl.java:686)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServleSyst
[...]

There is a sample coming with the XSL TagLib download from
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/.  It includes the xerces.jar and
xalan.jar.  If I use these two files for my XML parser and XSL
processor, then the apply tag works.  However, it is really necessary
for me to use xalan-j version 2_0_0.

Please kindly advise a solution or is this a bug in xalan-j 2_0_0.

Thanks & Regards,
Krystal

Re: Error when using xalan-j 2_0_0 with apply tag

Posted by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com>.
Krystal Tse wrote:
> There is a sample coming with the XSL TagLib download from
> http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/.  It includes the xerces.jar and
> xalan.jar.  If I use these two files for my XML parser and XSL
> processor, then the apply tag works.  However, it is really necessary
> for me to use xalan-j version 2_0_0.
>
> Please kindly advise a solution or is this a bug in xalan-j 2_0_0.

I don't believe that the taglibs group has upgraded ApplyTag.java to
work with XalanJ 2.0.0.  Perhaps you'd like to perform that upgrade and
contribute back to the Jakarta group.

Also, I think the pending changes in the XalanJ2 compatability layer may
allow you to work with XalanJ2 and the existing ApplyTag.

Or maybe you'd like to forward your request to the TAGLIBS-USER and/or
TAGLIBS-DEV mailing lists.

Gary