Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Patrick Hess <pa...@metazoa.de> on 2002/03/06 19:17:47 UTC

ftpserver

I can't get the ftpserver running - I tried it a month ago
and then periodic (today again, now from jakarta-avalon-apps)
but nothing... Is this a problem in my configuration or is this
app really broken? Is still anybody working on the code?

Patrick Hess

| metazoa GmbH        | fon   +49-211-175447-20 |
| Erkrather Str. 206  | fax   +49-211-175447-27 |
| 40233 Düsseldorf    | mail  p.hess@metazoa.de |

Re: ftpserver

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
 Yes, yesterday during testing I have seen this
message and I guess I have fixed it. Ok, the reason is
this.
The default user manager is based on file based object
store. During authentication if I try to get the user
object, which does not exist - it throws a
RuntimeException :( instead of null.
So what I did is - if the object store contains the
key, then get the user object. Yesterday I have
chacked in this code - DefaultUserManager.java. Anyway
I shall look into it again. This
Thanks,
Rana.

Re: ftpserver

Posted by Patrick Hess <pa...@metazoa.de>.

Re: ftpserver

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
 After some turbulence time, I am back in track again.
Yesterday I did some major changes in the ftpserver.
As simple is (almost) always beautiful, I tried to
simplify some portions.
   By the way, one thing I noticed in Phoenix. Is
there any chance that the xml parser in phoenix does
not ignore whitespace? Yesterday I separately checked
out phoenix twice - at around 2PM(IST) and once at
11PM(IST). After second check-out I am getting
XMLException due to mixed mode in config file parsing.
It was too late yesterday and I could not investigate.
I shall look into it today.
Thanks,
Rana.

Re: ftpserver

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Patrick,

I can confirm from latest CVS, everything works fine.

1) get with CVS jakarta-avalon-phoenix in CVS

2) jakarta-avalon-phoenix> ant dist-lite

3) get with CVS jakarta-avalon-apps/ftpserver

4) jakarta-avalon-apps/ftpserver> ant install

5) jakarta-avalon-phoenix/dist/bin> run.bat or run.sh

Lastly, Rana checked in a huge amount of changes just today...

Regards,

- Paul

Re: ftpserver

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Stephen,

He's talking about the FtpServer project in apps...

Patrick,

I'll crank it up and see what is wrong.

- Paul

RE: ftpserver