Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Christopher Koeber <ck...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/12 00:20:42 UTC

Replacing an attribute with LDAP Batch Operation ...

Hello,

I am using the Apache Directory Studio (v. 1.5.3).

I would like to perform a batch operation on a search result that I built
via the wizard.

Specifically, I would like to replace an attribute with a value that is
pulled from other attributes. I am not sure how to do this via the "Define
Modification" section of the Batch Operation wizard. I checked the help file
but the sections are marked as "TODO".

May anyone provide assistance?

Thanks.

Regards,
Christopher Koeber

Re: Replacing an attribute with LDAP Batch Operation ...

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Christopher,

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Christopher Koeber <ck...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Specifically, I would like to replace an attribute with a value that is
> pulled from other attributes. I am not sure how to do this via the "Define
> Modification" section of the Batch Operation wizard. I checked the help file
> but the sections are marked as "TODO".

This is not supported yet, only static values are allowed in the wizard.

There is an open issue
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-212) and I just
realized that Martin attached a patch a while ago. I'll check the
patch.

Kind Regards,
Stefan