Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Mikko Laanti <mi...@kolumbus.fi> on 2001/05/23 20:31:45 UTC

What is wrong when Java client does not success with .NET WebService?

Hi,

My Apache Soap Java client invokes a service from .NET Web Servive.
I get allways error below:

Fault string: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException:
Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: ''.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(
Type type, HttpContext context, HttpServerRequest request,
HttpServerResponse response)

If I use Microsoft's own client everything works. What's the diffrence
with these two SOAP implementations?

Has anyone a Java Soap client sample which successfully calls a
.NET Web Service?

Thanks,

- Mikko