Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by Mark Lewis <ma...@mir3.com> on 2004/06/08 01:48:43 UTC

XmlError.getLine() and .getColumn() broken?

I haven't been able to find a case where these methods return anything
except for -1, after a validation failure.  Are they broken in 1.0.2?

My goal is to generate some user-friendly warning messages with XmlBeans
to send back to users who submit invalid XML data to our server, so I'd
like to give them as much context as possible to fix the issue.

The getCursorLocation() call works and gives me a cursor to the location
of the validation failure-- is there any way to retrieve the line#/col#
from the cursor?  Or any useful suggestions for a location clue I can
present back to users?

Thanks for the help!

-- Mark Lewis