Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Peter West <li...@pbw.id.au> on 2015/01/01 21:14:33 UTC

Ivy docs: Settings Files: property

Ivy docs: Settings Files: property has

ifset:	  the variable will be set only if the provided 'ifset' variable is already set (Since 2.4)
unlessset: the variable will not be set unless the provided 'unlessset' variable is set (Since 2.4)

Doesn't that say that ifset and unlessset do the same thing?  Doesn't unlessset say, in effect,
unlessset: the variable WILL NOT be set if the 'unlessset' variable IS NOT set,
which is the same as saying,
unlessset: the variable WILL be set if the 'unlessset' variable IS set,
which is the same as ifset.

Shouldn't it read
unlessset the variable will only be set if the provided 'unlessset' variable is not set
?

Peter West

"My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my saviour."

Re: Ivy docs: Settings Files: property

Posted by Peter West <li...@pbw.id.au>.
Yes, it says the same thing.  However, if the wording of unlessset is made as close as possible to teh wording of ifset, the contrast between the two is made more obvious.

In fact you could use

ifset:    the variable will be set only if the provided 'ifset' variable is already set (Since 2.4)
unlessset the variable will be set only if the provided 'unlessset' variable is not set (Since 2.4)

Peter West

And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus...

Posted by Marc De Boeck <md...@gmail.com>.