Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Lolling, Jan" <Ja...@t-systems.com> on 2003/03/25 10:22:04 UTC

How to change image-size online

Hello,

I build a SVG-editor.
One of my goals is to manipulate the entire size (bounds) of the SVG-document.
I am trying set the height und width-attributes from the svg-tag-element over the updateManager from JSVGCanvas.
Nothing happens. If I save this changed document the svg-attributes are changed - ok - but the canvas does not react.
I try to use methode renderGVTTree() or use invalidate/validate-method from Swing. Nothing happens.

Can any body help me how can I change the svg-bounds online.

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen

Jan Lolling

T-Systems
Systems Integration
Entwicklungszentrum Berlin
Hausanschrift: Wittestrasse 30H, 13509 Berlin
Postanschrift: Postfach 652, 13476 Berlin
Tel.: (0 30) 4 35 77-54 44
Fax: (0 30) 4 35 77-53 07
mailto:jan.lolling@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

RE: How to change image-size online

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

LJ> I build a SVG-editor.  One of my goals is to manipulate the entire
LJ> size (bounds) of the SVG-document.  I am trying set the height und
LJ> width-attributes from the svg-tag-element over the updateManager
LJ> from JSVGCanvas.  Nothing happens. If I save this changed document
LJ> the svg-attributes are changed - ok - but the canvas does not
LJ> react.  I try to use methode renderGVTTree() or use
LJ> invalidate/validate-method from Swing. Nothing happens.

LJ> Can any body help me how can I change the svg-bounds online.

    As you might imagine the outermost SVG element is a bit of a
special case.  Also I might point out that there are several possible
implementations for responding to this change (like resizing the
window, or just updating the clip - if overflow is hidden).  What are
you 'expecting' to happen?