Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Allison, Bob" <ro...@qwest.com> on 2005/08/18 17:25:35 UTC

[m2] Repository Search Order

Is there a method to alter the order in which repositories are searched?

In our existing m102 build environment, we have a copy of what we use
from the maven repository in a repository near our development boxes.
We did this because we would run into cases where the maven central
repository would hiccup and a build run would sit for two minutes
waiting to search the central repository for a snapshot of one of our
build artifacts; by making a copy of what we use and removing the maven
repository from the search list, we don't have these delays since all
searches are to local servers.

I have no real problem with getting the released maven objects from the
central repository.  After all, once the user gets their build
environment ready there should be no reason to download them again.
What I would like to do is search the repositories defined in the POMs
before searching the central repository.  This way, updating the
snapshots of our build artifacts doesn't involve a number of checks at
ibiblio for files that will never be there.

Re: [m2] Repository Search Order

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
override maven.repo.remote?

-D