Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Shiby Maria John <Sh...@ibsplc.com> on 2005/12/16 12:11:34 UTC

Layout change for Arabic

hi,

I have an ecomm application. I have created a layout file using
Velocity
but I would like to know if using the same layout, can I show it in
the arabic style, ie I have to show everythig from right to left.
Is is possible with the same layout or should I create another layout
vm file and use it for arabic alone???
but still the components shown using iteration need to be shown in the
right to left manner. Is it possible to do that??

Any help will be welcome

Thanks

Re: Layout change for Arabic

Posted by Mufaddal Khumri <mk...@allegromedical.com>.
Your layout file probably has different sections in them. You could
write a velocityTool to take a parameter based on which it will show
content passed to it in either direction.

For example,

<head>
</head>
$contentTool.display("My content goes here", true)

contentTool above is a velocity tool you will write which will display
content in a direction based on the second parameter it receives.

Just a thought.

Regards,

RE: Layout change for Arabic

Posted by Seshu Sri P <se...@cmcltd.com>.
It should be possible. It is nothing to do with Velocity. The o/p HTML
should contain the required tags and their properties.

Thanks and regards,
P Seshu Sri