Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2004/03/07 17:20:13 UTC

ATTN Steve Loughran : 1.3 incompatibility

Hi Steve:

InetAddress.getCanonicalHostName() is a Java 1.4 function.  I don't think
we've yet made the decision to drop Java 1.3 support (have we?), so as such
we might not want to be using this in SimpleAxisWorker.  Maybe you could
check in the version which grabs the host name from the HTTP "Host" header
instead?

--Glen

Re: ATTN Steve Loughran : 1.3 incompatibility

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Glen Daniels wrote:

> Hi Steve:
>
> InetAddress.getCanonicalHostName() is a Java 1.4 function.  I don't think
> we've yet made the decision to drop Java 1.3 support (have we?), so as such
> we might not want to be using this in SimpleAxisWorker.  Maybe you could
> check in the version which grabs the host name from the HTTP "Host" header
> instead?
>
> --Glen

Sorry, I was a naughty boy; didnt check properly. Yes, extracting the
HTTP host header is best. I may get a chance to do changes to this this
week, assuming I can sort out a german plug for my laptop. I