Posted to user@flink.apache.org by yunfan123 <yu...@foxmail.com> on 2017/05/10 11:26:24 UTC

Deactive a job like storm

How can I deactive a job like storm?

Re: Deactive a job like storm

Posted by yunfan123 <yu...@foxmail.com>.
Any issure or plan on the task?

Re: Deactive a job like storm

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
To properly implement stop we have to change some internal orchestration
structure. This is not a trivial task and so far nobody had found time to
work on it. Moreover, the individual sources have to be adapted as well.

Cheers,
Till

Re: Deactive a job like storm

Posted by yunfan123 <yu...@foxmail.com>.

Re: Deactive a job like storm

Posted by Timo Walther <tw...@apache.org>.
This is called "stop" in Flink. You can find a short description here:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.2/setup/cli.html

" The difference between cancelling and stopping a (streaming) job is
the following:

On a cancel call, the operators in a job immediately receive a cancel()
method call to cancel them as soon as possible. If operators are not not
stopping after the cancel call, Flink will start interrupting the thread
periodically until it stops.

A “stop” call is a more graceful way of stopping a running streaming
job. Stop is only available for jobs which use sources that implement
the StoppableFunction interface. When the user requests to stop a job,
all sources will receive a stop() method call. The job will keep running
until all sources properly shut down. This allows the job to finish
processing all inflight data."

Hope that helps.

Timo