Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2007/03/14 15:27:48 UTC

[Fwd: Fwd: Google Summer of Code]

I think we might want to put Qpid up for thus.

Carl.

From: Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>
Date: Mar 14, 2007 3:53 PM
Subject: Google Summer of Code
To: code-awards@apadche.org, members@apache.org

Google are due to announce the accepted organisations in the Google
Summer of Code today. Unfortunately, I've been really busy with other
things recently and have not managed to organise the ASF application as
well as I might. However, I did manage to notify the code-awards@a.o
list of the process and I did get an application in on time. So, now to
the next stage.

This message is mailed to members@ as well as code-awards@. Please feel
free to distribute to your projects, I chose not to send to community@
or committers@ because I'm aware different projects like to manage GSoC
applications in different ways. It's up to the members to take this
forward in individual projects.

Student applications will open today and will close on March 24th.

If your projects want to accept applications from GSoC students then you
need to ensure you have details listed on
http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2007

If you want more info on what being a mentor means then a good place to
start is
http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code/wiki/AdviceforMentors

Interested parties should also subscribe to code-awards@a.o where all
internal communication about GSoC occurs (like how we select which
projects to accept).

Ross

Re: [Fwd: Fwd: Google Summer of Code]

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 14/03/07, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I think we might want to put Qpid up for thus.

Too late unfortunately:

March 12: Mentoring organization application deadline

RG