Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2020/12/10 20:35:22 UTC

Update to ECMA-376 3rd edition - provide ooxml-schema with every release

Hi Devs,

I've upgrade the schemas to the 3rd edition and "ant test test-integration" is green - see #56205 with a lots of local modifications.
a) How about pushing it to the trunk?

Pro: our used schema is currently the 1st edition from 2006 - which doesn't contain several added attributes.

Con: the 3rd schemas handles length / percent / font sizes differently and is not downward compatible.
So user code will fail when using the xmlbeans directly.

*********

Next issue:
b) I would like to rename poi-ooxml-schema to something like poi-ooxml-lite and ooxml-schemas to poi-ooxml-full, furthermore I would like to release poi-ooxml-full with every release from now on.

What do you think?

Andi

Re: Update to ECMA-376 3rd edition - provide ooxml-schema with every release

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Probably late already, but +1 from me as well on both.